Welcome to Indianapolis!
If you haven’t been to Indianapolis lately, you’re in for an eye-opening surprise. We are pleased to host Railway Interchange 2017 in Indy and there is plenty see and explore after show hours – whether you’re a sports fanatic, an art aficionado, or a foodie – Indy’s got what you’re looking for.
Located in the middle of one of the nation’s safest, friendliest and most vibrant downtown areas — the Indiana Convention Center (RI venue) is conveniently located at the hub of your adventure.
Whether you stroll the sidewalks for outstanding shopping, dining and entertainment choices – or chose to stay above it all by using the skywalk connector that brings together major downtown hotels and other visitor venues — in the blocks surrounding the Indiana Convention Center, you’ll find:
- over 200 restaurants and clubs
- live music and shows
- a four-story shopping mall in the heart of everything
- the spectacular ‘homes’ of the Colts, the Pacers and Indiana Fever
- Victory Field, which Sports Illustrated called “the Best Minor League Ballpark in America”
Regardless of what Indianapolis experience you choose, you’ll also experience our world-famous Hoosier hospitality. For many of our visitors, that’s the most welcome part of all.
Other useful links, from Visit Indy
Indianapolis Airport transportation information:
- The most economical transportation option for airport to downtown Indy is: www.goexpresstravel.com/indy_express Express service runs from the airport to downtown every 30 minutes from 5 a.m. – 11 p.m. daily for $10 one way. Passengers board the shuttle at Zone 7 at the airport’s Ground Transportation Center. Cash payments are not accepted; credit cards only. Reserve online for guaranteed seating.
- Cabs run $35-$40 and can be picked up outside of baggage claim.
- Uber and Lyft services are also very popular options as well.
The Indiana Convention Center is located in the heart of the 12th largest city in the U.S., Indianapolis, Indiana. The state capital, Indianapolis ranks in the top 25 most visited cities in the country, with 26 million annual visitors. Indianapolis International Airport accommodates 150 flights each day, carrying 7.2 million yearly passengers to and from the Circle City.
A $275 million expansion has made the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium a powerhouse destination for the largest events in the country—including the 2012 Super Bowl. With its striking contemporary look and sense of openness, the ICC redefines the character of a trade show and meeting venue. Now one of the largest convention centers in America, the Indiana Convention Center is connected by skywalks to more hotel rooms than any other city in the nation. Also linked to the center is a four-story urban shopping mall, surrounded by more than 200 restaurants and clubs, well-known sports venues, and a 10-block state park that features top museums, green space and a convenient canal walk. It’s the reason Sports Illustrated magazine’s Peter King calls Indianapolis “the most walkable downtown in America.”
With over $3 billion in convention industry investments, no other city in the nation can match Indianapolis’ collection of upgrades and developments.
To learn more, visit the ICC website.